Monday, October 15, 2012

By Way of Introduction

My name is Rose. I'm a Junior in high school. I'm really bad at introductions.
There is a little story behind this blog. Last year, around this time, I was in a play for drama class. My friend, Sam, was given the character of a super grumpy old man. I took it upon myself to help him get into character by doing anooying little things and basically being an all-around pest. I felt horrible about it, and decided that to make things better, I'd follow up with a "cheer-up" email. The first was wildly successful (I exaggerate only a little bit) and, I believe, he requested another one the next week. And the next. Soon I was sending him a regularly scheduled cheer-up email every Friday afternoon. To date, I have sent approximately 25 emails to Sam, as well as numerous to other classmates who have requested them on down days.
After this week's, Sam told me I really should get paid to send the emails. When we couldn't come up with a feasible way for me to make a job, much less an entire career, out of cheering people up, he suggested a blog. I thought it was a pretty good idea, so here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment